First of all, I'd like to give you a warm welcome to this Wiki. It's great to get new editors sign up and watch them grow into model assets on this Wiki.
If you ever have any questions (no matter how big or small), please feel free to PM a Wiki Admin, Moderator or LoreKeeper as we are always more than happy to help.
We understand that it can be a confusing time when you first join the Wiki, as there are many threads you have to read in order to know how to edit and adjust into Wiki life. Hopefully this guide will help show you where to start, with a breakdown of all necessary information.
Rules and Information
This is your first stop. You must read all of these threads first, before you do anything else on the Wiki. If there's ever anything you don't understand, make sure you PM a member of the Wiki staff for clarification.
- AQW Wiki Rules - Our absolute rules. These 10 rules must be followed at all times. If you fail to do so, you could be banned from the Wiki. First and foremost, you must read these rules and make sure you understand them.
- Adding / Removing Thanks - A universal list of when it is acceptable to add your name as 'Thanks' to a page. It also covers when you should remove someone else's 'Thanks'.
- Image Submission Guidelines - We expect the highest quality images on the Wiki, so these rules must be followed if you want your image to stay. There are specific rules for each type of item.
- Problem Procedures - If an issue ever arises with another editor or a member of the Wiki staff, this is how you should deal with the issue along with the chain of command.
Guides and Resources
These threads are here to teach you how to edit the Wiki. Use them to learn how to create pages, starting from the more basic of editing and working your way up to become an expert editor.
- AQW Wiki Editing Guide - The master guide to creating pages and editing the Wiki.
- Wiki How To / Q&A - This is the thread where you can ask any questions if you need help.
- Tag Discussion - A comprehensive list of page tags that we use on the Wiki alongside their requirements, which can also be used to discuss and suggest new page tags.
- Note Consistency - A detailed tutorial on how to add notes and keep them universal throughout the Wiki.
- Weapon Damage Thread - A guide to correctly calculating the damage range of weapons, along with a tutorial showing how your current class and enhancements affects the damage range of your weapon.
- Recommended Image-Taking Programs - A list of recommended image-taking programs that other wiki users use when taking images.
- So you want to be a LoreKeeper... - The roles of a LoreKeeper, the requirements and a general FAQ. Ultimately, if you ask to be a LoreKeeper, you won't ever become one. It's an invite-only position.
The Wiki is more about editing. It is a community open to all which we'd love for you to join and interact with.
- Birthday / Leaving / Returning / Welcoming Thread - Announce your arrival to the Wiki by introducing yourself here.
- Wiki IRC Channel - This is the Wiki's chat room. Come here to talk to other Wiki users and AQW players. Remember that the AQW Wiki Rules apply here as well.
- Wiki Suggestions Thread - A thread where you can post any suggestion you have for the Wiki. Larger suggestions can be made in the forum itself as a separate thread.
- Chronicle of Releases - Help record all the releases of AQWorlds. You can find more information, such as how to apply to work on the CoR, within this thread.