The Wiki now has an official IRC channel, thanks to Tendou no Mazo!
For the embedded channel on the Wiki, see the Wiki IRC Channel page.
The IRC channel has some great benefits, such as:
- Allows group discussions for Wiki users and staff together.
- A Q&A about AQWorlds, or the Wiki itself for regular or new Wiki users.
- Organization and efficiency during release days.
- A convenient and efficient way to talk, especially concerning smaller issues/questions/suggestions/information instead of using this forum.
- Builds the Wiki community, allowing 'out of character' discussions, etc.
The current power structure of the Wiki channel is as follows:
For those who don't know, IRC stands for Internet Relay Chat and Caelestia.net is a server used by members of the Artix Entertainment community, including the game and forum staff.
For more information and guides, please see the Using IRC guide and the Caelestia IRC Guide.
Common IRC clients include mIRC, a downloadable client, and Mibbit, a web-based browser client.
- Wiki Admins / Channel Admin = Founder (~)
- Wiki Moderators = Admin (&)
- Channel Moderators = Operator (@)
- Wiki LoreKeepers = Half-operator (%)
- Special Users / Tribute Wall Users = Voice (+)
To the Channel Staff (Wiki LoreKeepers/Mods/Admins)
We now have a staff-only channel! /join #WikiStaff (PM Zyrain if you are not on the access list and auto-banned from the channel.)
Regarding channel rules and punishments; all users must abide to the AQW Wiki Rules and the Caelestia Network Rules.
If users break a rule, such as swearing, impersonation, non-AE advertising, etc., kick them but give a reason why so they know what they've done. If they repeatedly violate the rules, you may ban them. If spammers/spam-bots attack the channel, ban them by their IP address.
To kick a user: /kick NAME REASON
To ban a user: /cs ban #AQWWiki NAME
(Some clients allow you to do this by clicking on the user's name.)
To access a list of bans: /mode #AQWWiki b
To unban a user: /cs unban #AQWWiki NAME
(Some clients allow you to click and delete the ban.)